Family Liaison Officer
We would like to introduce you to Sue Sims!
A message from Sue:
I would like to introduce myself; I am the family liaison worker for parents, carers and families of children at Lyde Green Primary school.
The role of the FLO is to assist in tackling underachievement by working in partnership with families, parents, carers and pupils in a school context, to enable pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged, to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers to learning and participation.
I am available to offer practical help and support to parents and carers in matters concerning your child’s education, development and well being. I work in partnership with you, the teachers and senior leadership team to help you support your child to learn and enjoy their school years, by providing information and guidance. I can meet you on a 1:1 basis – in school or over the phone, providing information on a range of issues and practical help, as well as offering a friendly listening ear.
I am available Tuesday through to Thursday and can be contacted on 01454 823 150, via the school office or catch me in the playground at home time (I am normally on the side gate). Please feel free to contact me for a chat and coffee if you have any worries or concerns – no matter how small!
Sue Sims | Family Liaison Officer
Some of the ways I can help
- Support for you with your child’s learning and school attendance
- Provide advice and support on ways to improve your child’s behaviour or refer to Early Help if required
- Provide support and signpost local and national services that can help you and your child eg housing, debt, welfare, abuse, bereavement etc
- Provide a listening ear to families and mediate between parents who have separated and find communication difficult, frequently with their children ‘in the middle’.
- Advise and offer assistance with financial difficulties for clubs, trips and activities
- Liaise with staff to overcome any difficulties that may arise
- Investigate concerns raised by parents, pupils or teachers to a positive conclusion
- Signposting for adult learning opportunities
- Attend CIN (child in need) and CP (child protection) meetings to represent the school and identify actions to contribute to the CIN/CP plan.
- Help with form filling or online applications relating to your child